Our 3 day First Aid at Work course is a nationally recognised, level 3 course, designed to ensure you come away with the knowledge and understanding in what it takes to preserve life in an emergency situation.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
- Designated First Aid at Work Employeess
Course duration - 3 Days
Delivered at your place or ours
Nationally accredited level 3 course
"I’ve done two courses from Indrisec and both are hugely beneficial to my work role. The tutors are brilliant and very thorough with the use of presentations and real life scenarios. With my line of work this training has prepared me to deal with situations with great confidence. Thank you Indrisec."
- Introduction to the First-Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Principles of resuscitation
- The circulatory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head, spinal and chest injuries
- Major illnesses
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Understand the responsibilities of being a First-Aider
- Recognise symptoms of injuries
- Carry out effective accident scene surveys
- Ensure effective treatment is given promptly
- Carry out CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use an AED (Automated Electric Defibrillator)
- Dress wounds
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam and a final exercise, where all the skills you have learnt over the last 3 days are put to the test. Upon passing these, you results will be sent off for certification, upon where you will receive your Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.