Door Supervisor Top Up Course – Level 2 SIA
£129.99 – £159.99 "inc. VAT"
Our Door Supervisor Top Up Course allows anyone who is due to renew their licence after 01 October 2021 to remain SIA compliant for the role of a Door Supervisor.
Under new guidelines from the SIA, all learners wishing to attend the door supervisor course must have a minimum of level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work, or equivalent, with at least 12 months left on your certificate. Our course includes this course, if requried.
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, 3-5 Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £160
- Duration: 2 day Door Supervisor Top Up Course + at home learning (3 days if you require first aid training)
- Qualification: Level 2 – nationally recognised
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to renew their Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence to work as a door supervisor and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Our Door Supervisor Course
We teach our Door Supervisor Course through experience gained on the ground over decades of working within the security industry. We’re not a company to just rattle off a PowerPoint for a few days and leave it at that. Rather, we teach you using our real world experience in the industry, demonstrating the realities of working as a door supervisor and the security industry as a whole. Throughout our door supervisor course you will be continually assessed and tested. You can read more about our scenario training and pressure testing here. After your course we will be here to support you as you move into a career in the security industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you guarantee a pass on the door supervisor course?
- No, we do not guarantee a pass. This is because we are firm believers in the raising of standards within the industry and believe in the quality of our training. We will support our learners where needed to ensure they reach the required standard to enable them to pass the course of their own accord.
- What happens if I fail my door supervisor course?
- If you fail your course, you are entitled to a free re-sit of the failed examination. We will assist you on where we believe you have fallen short, and from there we will advise and guide you on reaching the required level. Any subsequent examinations after your free re-sit will be charged at £39.99.
- Will you place me into work, after my door supervisor course?
- While we are an operational company, we cannot guarantee employment with us after your course. We do have links within the industry, and as work opportunities arise through them, we may pass these opportunities onto our graduate database.
- Is it worth getting my door supervisors licence?
- In short, yes. There are a lot of opportunities arising all over the UK for door supervisor licensed operatives, and you are not limited to working in licensed venues as a door supervisor licence holder. Retail security, construction site security, rapid response security, and many more roles are all available to door supervisor licensed operatives and currently there is a shortage of quality staff.
- Do you have much experience in the security industry?
- Yes we do. Amongst our instruction team we have over 50 years of operational experience working in frontline roles within the security industry. Prior to that we have a wide range of backgrounds outside of the security industry such as former emergency services, former military, and civilians who have spent their whole working life in the security industry.
- What do you mean by “reality based training”?
- We are in the fortunate position that we have a lot of experience within the security industry. This means that when we teach subjects within that, we teach from a point of experience. We us our experience to enhance your learning, sharing real life situations so that our students can gain a greater understanding of the context of what we are teaching. We also teach the realities of the industry so that those passing the course have an understanding of what they may be expected to do.
If you have any further queries, or would like to simply chat about the requirements of the course, please call 01252 759 183 or get in touch using our contact page.
Entry Requirements to attend our Door Supervisor Course
- Valid level 3 First Aid Certificate with a minimum of 12 months before expiry
- Please ensure you are eligible to receive an SIA licence after your course. You can do so here: SIA Criminal Record Eligibility Checker.
- Learners must be 18+ years of age
Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services, or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is essential that security operatives are able to communicate clearly. Prospective candidates should possess sufficient language skills in order to be presented for assessment. As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following to attend this door supervisor course:
- A B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- A B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- An ESOL qualification at (Entry Level 3) regulated by Ofqual and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- An ESOL qualification at SCQF Level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English · SQA Core Skills in Communication at SCQF Level 5 · Essentials Skills Wales Communication Level 1
Door Supervisor Top Up Course Topics
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Principles of Using Equipment as a Door Supervisor in the Private Security Industry
- Application of physical intervention skills in the private security industry
Progressions Opportunities Following Your Door Supervisor Course:
- Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
- Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
- Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During your door supervisor course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.
First Aid Requirements
Any one wishing to attend the Door Supervisor course must first hold a valid level 3 first aid certificate with a minimum of 12 months remaining before it expires. If you do not have this, you can attend one of our discounted courses prior to the start date of your course. Just tick the box for first aid required, or call us to discuss your options.
Door Supervisor Top Up Course Information Enquiry
Fill out the form below for one of our team to get in touch.