First Aid at Work – Level 3
Our 3 day First Aid at Work course is a HSE-recognised level 3 course. This course meets all requirements set out by Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations. Giving you the practical skills to become a designated workplace first aider, the course is designed to ensure you come away with the knowledge and understanding to do what it takes to preserve life in an emergency situation.
We are still operating our first aid at work training courses under this current lockdown, as a result of UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, 3-5 Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £225+VAT
- Duration: 3 day First Aid at Work
- Qualification: Level 3 – nationally recognised
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first-aider. Additionally, it will teach you how to assess an incident and recognise signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid at work skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED). Further, you will learn how to assist a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness. This includes injuries such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
Who is the First Aid at Work course for?
- Front-line workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
- Designated First Aid at Work Employees
- Introduction to the First-Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Principles of resuscitation
- The circulatory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head, spinal and chest injuries
- Major illnesses
Learning Outcomes of the First Aid at Work Course
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Understand the responsibilities of being a First-Aider
- Recognise symptoms of injuries
- Carry out effective accident scene surveys
- Ensure effective treatment is given promptly
- Carry out CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use an AED (Automated Electric Defibrillator)
- Dress wounds
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services. Because of this extensive background, we have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. Additionally, our instructors have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid at Work situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course we will continually assess you. As a result, further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam. Additionally we will put you through a final exercise, where we will test all the skills you have learnt over the last 3 days. Upon completing these assessments, you will be given your results. After that, your results will be sent off for certification. If you have passed, you will receive your Level 3 First Aid at Work certificate. If a student is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.