Paediatric First Aid – 2 day Level 3
Our 2 Day Paediatric First Aid course is a nationally recognised level 3 course, designed to designed for workers who care for children. The qualification meets OFSTED requirements for those working in an early years setting.
We are still operating our training courses under this current lockdown, as per UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Ferneberga House, Alexandra Road, Farnborough, GU14 6DQ
- Cost: £140 +VAT
- Duration: 2 days
- Qualification: Level 3 – nationally recognised
Who is this 1 day Paediatric First Aid course for?
- Childcare Providers
- Front-line workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
Topics include; planning for and dealing with first aid emergencies involving babies and children Including, CPR, shock, anaphylactic shock, bleeding, choking, seizures.
This qualification is designed to provide essential paediatric life saving skills and paediatric incident management. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification covers knowledge such planning for and dealing with first aid emergencies involving babies and children. how to assess an incident and recognise signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Understand the roles of a Paediatric First Aider
- Assess and emergency situation safely
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is choking
- Provide first aid to an infant or child who is bleeding externally
- How to deal with an infant or child suffering from shock
- Provide first aid to an infant or child with bites, stings, or minor injuries.
- Providing first aid to a child or infant with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Dealing with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Giving first aid to an infant or child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Providing first aid to infants or children with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
This course will focus heavily on practical work, and learners will be continually assessed throughout the 2 days.
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam and a final exercise, where all the skills you have learnt during the day are put to the test. Upon passing these, you results will be sent off for certification, upon where you will receive your Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.