First Aid at Work Refresher Course
£200.00 "inc. VAT"
Out of stock
First Aid at Work, Level 3 Refresher Course
For corporate bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, 3-5 Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £220+VAT)
- Duration: 2 day First Aid (Must have an in-date First Aid at Work certificate due to expire to attend)
- Qualification: Level 3 – nationally recognised
The qualification refreshes the knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the first-aider. It will refresh how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis. This course is for those who have already attended a full 3 day First Aid at Work course, and who are looking to renew their qualification.
Our 2 day First Aid at Work refresher course is a nationally recognised, level 3 course, designed to ensure you refresh your knowledge knowledge and understanding in what it takes to preserve life in an emergency situation.
Who is this course for?
- Front-line workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
- Designated First Aid at Work Employees
- Introduction to the First-Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Principles of resuscitation
- The circulatory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head, spinal and chest injuries
- Major illnesses
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Understand the responsibilities of being a First-Aider
- Recognise symptoms of injuries
- Carry out effective accident scene surveys
- Ensure effective treatment is given promptly
- Carry out CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use an AED (Automated Electric Defibrillator)
- Dress wounds
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam and a final exercise, where all the skills you have learnt over the last 3 days are put to the test. Upon passing these, you results will be sent off for certification, upon where you will receive your Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.