First Aid Response – Level 3
Our 4 day First Aid Response course is a nationally recognised, level 3 course, designed to ensure you come away with the knowledge and understanding in what it takes to preserve life in an emergency situation and specifically designed to be orientated towards your line of work.
This course is run in conjunction with our Close Protection Training, to book onto a course separate to one of those courses, please get in touch.
We are still operating our training courses under this current lockdown, as per UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, 3-5 Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £250+VAT
- Duration: 4 day First Aid
- Qualification: Level 3 – nationally recognised
This qualification offers a more comprehensive understanding of first aid and the treatment of casualties. It also offers an in-depth look into how medical and environmental intelligence helps when dealing with a wide range of casualties. Specifically, this course will be offered as part of our Close Protection training package, however, should you wish to book onto this course, please get in touch so that we can assess your needs.
Who is this course for?
- Close Protection Operatives
- Front-line workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
- Introduction to the First-Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Principles of resuscitation
- The circulatory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head, spinal and chest injuries
- Major illnesses
- medical provision awareness and environmental impacting factors
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Understand the responsibilities of being a First-Aider
- Recognise symptoms of injuries
- Carry out effective accident scene surveys
- Ensure effective treatment is given promptly
- Carry out CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use an AED (Automated Electric Defibrillator)
- Dress wounds
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam and a final exercise, where all the skills you have learnt over the last 4 days are put to the test. Upon passing these, your results will be sent off for certification. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.