Emergency 1 Day First Aid at Work – Level 3
£120.00 "inc. VAT"
Our Emergency 1 Day First Aid at Work course is a nationally recognised level 3 course, designed to ensure you come away with the basic knowledge and understanding in what it takes to preserve life in an emergency situation.
We are still operating our training courses under this current lockdown, as per UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, 3-5 Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £100+VAT (50% Discount to SIA Licence holders)
- Duration: 1 day First Aid
- Qualification: Level 3 – nationally recognised
Who is this 1 day First Aid course for?
- Security Industry
- Front-line workers (local authority)
- Health care practitioners
- Housing association workers
- Housing officers
- Lone workers
- Mental health practitioners
- School teachers
- Social workers
- Substance misuse workers
- Support workers
- Voluntary sector staff
- Designated First Aid at Work Employees
If you are an SIA licence holder, or have booked onto an SIA course with us, please use the form below to book your course place to take advantage of our security industry discount.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
- Introduction to the First-Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Principles of resuscitation
- The circulatory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Head, spinal and chest injuries
- Major illnesses
At the end of the course, students will be able to;
- Understand the responsibilities of being a First-Aider
- Recognise symptoms of injuries
- Carry out effective accident scene surveys
- Ensure effective treatment is given promptly
- Carry out CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use an AED (Automated Electric Defibrillator)
- Dress wounds
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience in First Aid situations and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. At the end of the course you will have a written exam and a final exercise, where all the skills you have learnt during the day are put to the test. Upon passing these, you results will be sent off for certification, upon where you will receive your Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about using our security industry discount, please use the form below.