Security Guard Course – Level 2 SIA
£170.00 – £220.00 "inc. VAT"
Our 4 day Security Guard Course teaches you all of the basics and legalities of working within the Security Industry as a Security Guard.
Under new guidelines from the SIA, all learners wishing to attend this course must have a minimum of level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work, or equivalent, with at least 12 months left on your certificate.
We are still operating our training courses under the current pandemic, as per UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Old Bank Chambers, Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6BU
- Cost: £170
- Duration: 4 days of Security Guard Training + at home learning
- Qualification: Level 2 – nationally recognised
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a Security Guard and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Our Security Guard Course
Our security guard training is taught through experience gained on the ground over decades of working within the security industry. We don’t just rattle off a PowerPoint for 4 days and leave it at that. We teach you using our real world experience in the industry, demonstrating the realities of the security industry. Throughout the security guard course you will be assessed and tested on what we have taught you. You can read more about our scenario training and pressure testing here. After your course we will be here to support you as you move into a career in the security industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you guarantee a pass?
- No, we do not guarantee a pass. This is because we are firm believers in the raising of standards within the industry and believe in the quality of our training. We will support our learners during their security course where needed to ensure they reach the required standard to enable them to pass the course of their own accord.
- What happens if I fail my security guard course?
- If you fail your course, you are entitled to a free re-sit of your examination, that you have failed. We will assist you on where we believe you have fallen short, and from there we will advise and guide you on reaching the required level to pass your security guard training. Any subsequent examinations after your free re-sit will be charged at £39.99.
- Will you place me into work, after my security guard course?
- While we are an operational company, we cannot guarantee employment with us after your course. We do have links within the industry, and as work opportunities arise through them, we may pass these opportunities onto our graduate database.
- Is it worth getting my security Guard licence in the current pandemic?
- In short, yes. There are a lot of opportunities arising all over the UK for security guard licensed operatives. Retail security, construction site security, rapid response security, and many more roles are all available and are beginning to open back up as the country moves out of the lockdown phase of the current pandemic.
- Do you have much experience in the security industry?
- Yes we do. Amongst our instruction team of 3, we have over 50 years of operational experience working in frontline roles within the security industry. Prior to that we have a wide range of backgrounds outside of the security industry such as former emergency services, former military, and civilians who have spent their whole working life in the security industry.
- What do you mean by “reality based training”?
- We are in the fortunate position that we have a lot of experience within the security industry. This means that when we run a security guard training course, we can teach from a point of experience. We use our experience to enhance your learning, sharing real life situations so that our students can gain a greater understanding of the context of what we are teaching. We also teach the realities of the industry so that those passing the course have an understanding of what they may be expected to do.
If you have any further queries, or would like to simply chat about the requirements of the course, please call 01252 759 183 or get in touch using our contact page.
Entry Requirements to attend the SIA Level 2 security guard course
- Valid level 3 First Aid Certificate with a minimum of 12 months before expiry
- Please ensure you are eligible to receive an SIA licence after your course. You can do so here: SIA Criminal Record Eligibility Checker.
- Learners must be 18+ years of age
Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services, or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is essential that security operatives are able to communicate clearly. Prospective candidates for the security guard course should possess sufficient language skills in order to be presented for assessment. As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
- A B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- A B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- An ESOL qualification at (Entry Level 3) regulated by Ofqual and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- An ESOL qualification at SCQF Level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English · SQA Core Skills in Communication at SCQF Level 5 · Essentials Skills Wales Communication Level 1
Security Guard Course Topics
- Working within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
Progressions Opportunities Following Your Security Guard Training:
- Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience and will pass on that knowledge during your security guard course using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the security guard course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you, to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.
First Aid Requirements
Any one wishing to attend the security guard course must first hold a valid level 3 first aid certificate with a minimum of 12 months remaining before it expires. If you do not have this, you can attend one of our discounted courses prior to the start date of your course. Just tick the box for first aid required, or call us to discuss your options.
Security Guard Course Information Enquiry
Fill out the form below for one of our team to get in touch.