Door Supervisor Course – Level 2 SIA
£222.00 "inc. VAT"
Our 4 day Door Supervisor Course teaches you all of the basics and legalities of working within the Security Industry as a Door Supervisor. We have two options for this course. Either a 4 day during the week course, or we also run a course split over two full weekends.
We are still operating our training courses under this current lockdown, as per UK Government Guidelines listed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance
For corporate or multiple bookings, please get in touch separately.
- Location: Indrisec Training Centre, Ferneberga House, Alexandra Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6DQ
- Cost: £185 +VAT
- Duration: 4 day Door Supervisor + at home learning
- Qualification: Level 2 – nationally recognised
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Our Door Supervisor Course
We teach our Door Supervisor Course through experience gained on the ground over decades of working within the security industry. We don’t just rattle off a PowerPoint for 4 days and leave it at that. We teach you using our real world experience in the industry, demonstrating the realities of the security industry. You can read more about our scenario training and pressure testing here. After your course we will be here to support you as you move into a career in the security industry.
Weekend Door Supervisors Course
We are now offering a weekend version of the course taking place over 2 full weekends. The course will commence on a Saturday Morning and run through until Sunday evening. Then learners will go home for the week, and take with them their course books and additional reading to carry out during the week before coming back to us on the following Saturday and Sunday to finish off their training.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you guarantee a pass?
- No, we do not guarantee a pass. This is because we are firm believers in the raising of standards within the industry and believe in the quality of our training. We will support our learners where needed to ensure they reach the required standard, to enable them to pass the course.
- What happens if I fail my door supervisor course?
- If you fail your course, you are entitled to a free re-sit of your examination, that you have failed. We will assist you on where we believe you have fallen short, and from there we will advise and guide you on reaching the required level. Any subsequent examinations after your free re-sit will be charged at £39.99.
- Will you place me into work, after my course?
- While we are an operational company, we cannot guarantee employment with us after your course. We do have links within the industry, and as work opportunities arise through them, we may pass these opportunities onto our graduate database.
- Is it worth getting my door supervisors licence if clubs and pubs are shut?
- In short, yes. There are a lot of opportunities arising all over the UK for door supervisor licensed operatives, and you are not limited to working in licensed venues as a door supervisor licence holder. Retail security, construction site security, rapid response security, and many more roles are all available to door supervisor licensed operatives.
If you have any further queries, or would like to simply chat about the requirements of the course, please call 01252 759 183 or get in touch using our contact page.
Entry Requirements to working as a Door Supervisor
- Please ensure you are eligible to receive an SIA licence after your course. You can do so here: SIA Criminal Record Eligibility Checker.
- Learners must be 18+ years of age
- Security operatives are likely, during their work, to be required to make calls to the emergency services and communicate clearly to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that security operatives can communicate clearly
Door Supervisor Course Topics
- Working within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry
- Highfield Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF)
- Highfield Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry
Our staff are all from an operational, front-line working background within the security industry, military and emergency services and have tried and tested these techniques in real working environments. They have a great deal of knowledge and experience and will pass on that knowledge using real world examples and scenarios to reinforce your confidence in these techniques.
During the course you will be continuously assessed and further instruction will be provided where needed. If a delegate is struggling with any aspect of the course, we will be there to assist in your understanding.
We work with you to help you work safely.
To enquire about how we can help you, or your business, please get in touch using the contact form and we shall be in touch shortly.
First Aid Requirements
While we recommend all those wishing to work in the private security industry are trained in some form of first aid, this is not currently a requirement under SIA guidelines for door supervisors. As of April 2021 this will change however. The new rules that are being proposed by the Security Industry Authority would require anyone applying for a licence for the first time, or renewing a licence they currently hold to have a valid level 3 first aid qualification. As mentioned, we do recommend all those in the security industry hold a first aid qualification, which we can offer at a discounted price if booked as an additional to your door supervisors course. If this is something you are interested in, then please get in touch.
Door Supervisor Course Information Enquiry
Fill out the form below for one of our team to get in touch.